Why Are Recruitment Videos Important?
As we enter Year 3 of the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot has changed in America’s workforce. The office went remote for many, while essential workers dealt the most significant blow. Millions of people left their jobs during the Great Resignation of 2021-more than at any time in history. And while many employers continue to use sign-on bonuses and other incentives to secure new hires, job seekers still have the upper hand.
Why Do People Leave Companies?
A survey released in 2022 by Pew Research revealed the top ten reasons for departures:
- Low pay
- Lack of advancement opportunities (tied with 1)
- Feeling disrespected at work
- Childcare issues
- Not enough benefits
- Poor benefits
- Wanted to relocate
- Working too many hours
- Working too few hours
- The employer required a COVID-19 vaccine
The ZipRecruiter Job Seeker Confidence Index, released in December 2022, unveiled that 40% of factories blame labor shortages for not operating at total capacity. It also suggested a “growing pool of motivated talent up for grabs.”
How Do Recruitment Videos Help?
Recruitment videos are great investments because they accomplish two things
- They boost your brand’s visibility while also attracting talented new hires.
- They introduce potential employees to your company, culture, values, benefit plans, and perks-you know, all the good stuff!
These videos do well between the two and five-minute range and should include critical information about your organization.
5 Tips For a Compelling Recruitment Video
- Introduce your brand: Start with a brief overview of your organization and highlight how it stands out from the competition.
- Show off your team. Prospective employees want a feel for working for your company, not just a sunny sound bite from the CEO. Select an assortment of staff from different departments, levels, and tenure to showcase why your company is a great workplace.
- Include a mini tour. You should show off your space if your employees work in a brick-and-mortar. Highlight its location and proximity to parks, restaurants, public transit, and more. If employees work from home or enjoy a hybrid environment, feature your company’s flexibility
- Answer common questions interviewees ask. Have your team members talk about culture, PTO, opportunities for learning, or upward mobility. Have them talk about team-building initiatives or community support your organization engages in.
- End with a call to action. Direct the viewer to your career or job openings site.
Where Should I Post My Recruitment Video?
Post your video on job sites like:
You can also include it on places like:
- Your websites career page
- Social Media channels
Chief Learning Officer also recommends asking employees to help spread the word by sharing on their Instagram and Facebook accounts.
While having one recruitment video will help you fill your open positions, consider creating additional videos highlighting your organization’s various departments or job types.
I Know I Need A Recruitment Video, Now What?
Now that you know how important a recruitment video is for your company, contact StagePost for a recruitment video quote!