Let Me Explain... Explainer Videos
Explainer videos are short-form videos that have a high return on investment due to their length: between one and three minutes, with two minutes being the sweet spot. They perform well on your website’s home page. An explainer video can be utilized in a variety of ways. In this blog, we will review what an explainer video is, the different explainer video styles, and the overall uses and benefits of an explainer video.
What Is An Explainer Video
Explainer videos can be used in a lot of different ways. They can be used for introductions, overviews, company or product tutorials, presentations, and overall sales.
- Overviews: Explainer videos can be used as a great tool to introduce a subject or concept shortly and concisely. This could be a quick overview or product.
- Company and Product Tutorials: These short-form videos are a great way to show how a product works, or define a brand in a step-by-step format; making them short and engaging is key
- Presentations: Using a short-form video during a presentation is a great way to get your point across to a large audience!
- Increasing Sales: Creating a video that is able to explain away questions allows your customers to purchase from you seamlessly.
Below is an explainer video done by StagePost for Bridgestone, in this video the goal was to explain a new LMS course to upper management. It also provides insight into the LMS course for those who work within the company and will be using the courses in their training process.
What Explainer Video Should My Company Use?
So now you know what these videos are used for, it’s time to figure out what explainer video style will work for your company.
- Explainer videos can come in a lot of shapes and sizes. They can be:
- Live-action (produced with a video camera)
- Or a combination of both.
If your concept has limited imagery, let’s say it’s something cloud-based; an animated video may be a better choice. It depends on the client, the budget, and what the product or service entails.
All in all, explainer videos should be short, simple, and entertaining. Once you have that down, you’re well on your way to increasing your brand awareness and gaining more leads!
How To Keep It Short and Sweet
You begin with a great script that answers the following things:
- What is the viewer’s problem?
- How will your product or service solve it?
- Why should the viewer choose you?
Now that you know what an explainer video is and its importance, it is time to create one! As a full-service video production company, StagePost is the place to go for a video like this! Reach out, and let’s get started on your next video!