Below, we’ll discuss four definitive reasons you should use video marketing for your eCommerce business.
Well, we’ll actually offer countless reasons, but we’ll really focus on four specific arguments in favor of video marketing for ecommerce businesses. Before we dig in, we wanted to offer some social proof—check out these video-tastic stats:
- Video marketing accounts for 69% of all consumer traffic.
- Landing pages with videos convert nearly 800% better than pages without.
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos.
- 96% of shoppers find videos useful when making purchase decisions online.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- By the end of 2022, 82% of all online content will be video.
- Almost 85% of consumers have made a purchase after watching a brand’s video
Sure, video is designed to entertain. But if you really want to make a difference in your eCommerce marketing campaigns, it’s important to realize the various purposes that video marketing serves in successful businesses. Now that you understand why, let’s break down the how.
Use Video Marketing to Educate Your Buyers
The primary goal of any marketing content, regardless of its form, is to educate your buyers. If they don’t know who you are and what you do, they can’t buy from you. Video has proven to be very effective when sharing educational content.
In fact, 73% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos that explain a product or service, and 93% of consumers find video helpful for post-purchase instructions. These examples alone show how video can help your ecommerce business, but that’s just the initial take.
Put Simply, Videos Convince and Convert
Once buyers know about your brand and products, it’s time to convince them to make a purchase. Video is useful during every single stage of the buyer’s journey—from the wide net at the top of the funnel, pulling in potentially relevant consumers, to the bottom of the funnel where you’ll make your final pitch to convert those viewers into buyers.
- Your first job is to show through video how consumers will benefit from your products or services. For food and beverage products, recipe videos have become enormously popular. For the fashion industry, seeing a person wearing the item depicts the need for your stylish puffer coat on the slopes. This applies to skincare, electronics, and an endless stream of both B2C and B2B products. Now, you’ve piqued the consumer’s interest.
- Next, provide additional information about the importance of your products. This might include tutorials and demonstrations—video of your product at work. Comparison videos are next in the funnel, especially if a wide range of competitor products are available. Use a comparison video to prove why your products are superior.
- The next step is providing social proof. User-generated content is a great way to gather video from actual buyers and present reviews that will persuade new buyers to complete that purchase.
- Finally, cycle back around to those educational videos to support your new customers with their purchase. Adding additional tutorials and other suggestions for the best ways to make the most of your products helps create a positive user experience, and incentives for repeat purchases.
Brandish Your Brand Into Their Heart
When you create marketing videos, 95% of the message is retained, compared to 10% in the written word. If you want to make your brand memorable, then video marketing hits the mark every time.
Even better, videos are infinitely sharable. In fact, 92% of video viewers share those videos. That sets up a perfect storm of exposure your brand will only continue to benefit from.
Video Marketing for eCommerce is Easier Than You Think
A lot of marketers have avoided making video content because they feel writing content is easier. Despite the advent of tools like Canva, which make creating graphics more easy and accessible than ever, 64% of marketers see video as the most difficult content to create. That’s where StagePost can help.
We’ve helped hundreds of companies conceive, develop, and produce video marketing content for a large variety of industries, including—you guessed it—ecommerce and online retail. The videos you can create with our team will help you cover all the areas of the marketing funnel, from marketing to education. We have a top-notch production crew on-site, and we can help with post-production, too. Shoot at your location or use one of our studios for the perfect ecommerce marketing video. We’re ready to help you make your brand memorable.
Contact us to get started creating your most profitable marketing asset today.